CRA Information for Home Share Providers

Hi all:

Please see the attached for more information from the Canada Revenue Agency regarding providing support in your home as a profession and the tax rules associated. Thanks to Margaret from COPCS for passing this along.

CRA Info

2 Replies to “CRA Information for Home Share Providers”

    1. Hi Candice – thanks for your inquiry. There’s a piece of Canadian tax law that keeps this payment tax free. As a consequence, my understanding is that the income doesn’t need to be claimed on a person’s taxes. However, we’re not accountants which would necessitate all home share providers to consult with their accountant if they have any questions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *