Hey everyone, check out this special edition of the Laurel posAbilities Newsletter — and keep an eye out for Roy’s experiences with our community support on page 2! Way to go, guys!
It is with a heavy heart that we let you know that all group events (community support, etc) are cancelled until further notice.
Notes going forward:
- CSWs will make individual appointments (1:1) with people on their caseloads who would be most negatively affected by going without support
- Please be mindful of where you go (no public spaces (malls, fitness facilities, etc) except a walk at the park, etc) – safe, wide open spaces only.
- Wash your hands and encourage the person we support (PS) to wash theirs often
- If the PS or their CSW are unwell or there is a risk of exposure, err on the side of caution and cancel the appointment
- Please let us know if there’s anything we can do to help
- Keep an eye on our website for any info that we come across that may help. (direct link: https://commconn.ca/category/coronavirus-covid-19/ )
This will likely affect the Kelowna community support team more any others.
Please stay safe and be well.
Jackie and Brian
Hey out there:
Check out our intrepid reporter Amit Ghosh (with the incomparable Kathy Herbert behind the camera) as he interviews Sarah Parsons at the Connect Art Class at the Kelowna Art Gallery.
Here’s a video invite from Amit for the 2020 Canucks Trip – it’s gonna be a blast!
See ya out there!
So, check this out! The community support crew in Kelowna organized a trip and tour of our local radio stations. Check out the video organized by our intrepid reporter Amit Ghosh and filmed and edited by our very own Kathy Herbert.
Great video – what an incredible day!
Hey everyone, we have put together a summary of what you told us this past year: we wanted to let you know that WE HEARD YOU.
Here is what we did about what you told us:
Thanks helping us improve! Remember we have online compliments and complaints forms that you can use anytime. We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks to all for your patience as we have moved to two branches of our Community Support delivery: one-to-one and group services. In doing so, we hope to deliver services in ways that meet your needs better.
Thanks to Amit, Joel and Kathy (behind the scenes) who put together this excellent video that describes the groups we have going on as well as openings that we have in each of them. Please check it out below and ask your Facilitator at CLBC for more information about the groups that we have to offer and a referral if it sounds good to you!
See ya out there!
Here’s a video from Amit on what’s going on in Community Support in Kelowna this week: