Hey everyone, we have posted about PivotPoint’s fall online training sessions — don’t forget to sign up if you’re interested! December’s topic is Strategies to Promote the Independence of Life Skills.
Hey everyone, October is COMMUNITY INCLUSION MONTH – so let’s celebrate inclusion in our communities!
All month long, we will be posting ways to celebrate inclusion, ways to build inclusion, and ways to explore the meaning of inclusion.
To get started, here are some places you can check out all month long for community inclusion month information, events, and posts:
- Here is the page for CLBC’s Widening Our World (WOW) Awards, which will be updated with this year’s winners during Community Inclusion Month. The awards this year will focus on people who helped make a difference in the lives of people with diverse abilities through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CLBC’s Facebook page and Twitter page will be updated with information and events throughout Community Inclusion Month.
- Inclusion BC is working with CLBC during Community Inclusion Month to raise awareness about inclusive housing. Watch Inclusion BC’s video below, or check it out with their Key to Home website here.
- In keeping with the inclusive housing theme, Inclusion Canada announced they are going to share new resources through their Pathways to Homeownership project.
- Inclusion Canada also has a webpage about deinstitutionalization in Canada. Check out these powerful milestones, experiences, and progress in community inclusion here.
Hey everyone, PivotPoint is offering online training courses over the next three months as part of as part of CLBC’s Kootenay Behavior Consultation Program:
- Oct. 13 (9 am – 12 pm PDT): FUNCTIONAL COMMUNICATION
- Nov. 10 (9 am – 12 pm PDT): BEHAVIOURAL SUPPORT PLAN MANAGEMENT
- Dec. 1 (9 am – 12 pm PDT): STRATEGIES TO PROMOTE THE INDEPENDENCE OF LIFE SKILLS
You can find out more and register on PivotPoint’s website here.
Hey everyone, CLBC is hosting a teleconference update on Tuesday next week (September 21) from 3pm-4pm (PDT) with Dr. Daniele Behn Smith (Deputy Provincial Health Officer), Ross Chilton (CEO of CLBC), and Brenda Gillette (CEO of the BC CEO Network).
You can email questions for Dr. Behn Smith using subject line “COVID CALL” until this Friday at noon (September 17). Call in starting at 2:55pm (PDT) on Tuesday to 1-877-353-9184 (participant code: 22920#).
Hey everyone, CLBC has issued an Info Bulletin for Home Share Providers! Topics covered include:
- Message from Dr. Bonnie Henry and self advocates: You can too!
- CLBC’s Three-Year Home Sharing Plan
- Home Sharing Entity Update
- Introducing CLBC’s new Provincial Program Coordinator
Check it out here!
…our latest Home Share Newsletter! Check it out.
Hey everyone, the next teleconference call for service providers and Home Share Providers with Dr. Behn Smith will be Dec 8th:
Date: December 8, 2020
Time: 1 – 2:15 p.m.
Call in: Vancouver 604-681-0260, Elsewhere 1-877-353-9184
Participant code: 37568#
We are celebrating Caregivers the whole month of November! This week we are talking about Self-Care. Let’s dive right in.
DIVING IN: What is self-care? You are a caregiver, and the work you do is very important and very rewarding – but it can also mean your own needs get put last on a to-do list that can seem never-ending. Self-care is everything we do for ourselves that makes us feel relaxed, whole, energized, and rejuvenated. It helps us feel ready to take on what’s next (whatever that is!).
DRILLING DOWN: Why choose self-care? Choosing to take care of yourself means you are able to give keep giving care to others – check out this video that talks about why it’s so important!
DIGGING DEEP: Where to start. Start small, even 5 minutes once in a while, and build up from there. What “works” for self-care is completely individual for each of us. Try lots of self-care options to figure out what works for you! Or, “self-share” if connecting with others is what helps you “self-care”! Here are some ideas:
- try a self-care assessment worksheet, self-awareness or self-care journal sheet, or affirmations for caregivers from this website!
- try a self-compassion guided meditation!
- try a self-compassion exercise!
- try a 3-minute care tip video about self-care!
- try treating yourself to a relaxing experience, like an at-home spa night or a relaxation bubble bath!
- try getting outside, at least once a day!
Try anything and everything until you find what works for YOU! Share your favorite experiments with us in the comments!