Hey everyone, October is COMMUNITY INCLUSION MONTH – so let’s celebrate inclusion in our communities!
All month long, we will be posting ways to celebrate inclusion, ways to build inclusion, and ways to explore the meaning of inclusion.
To get started, here are some places you can check out all month long for community inclusion month information, events, and posts:
- Here is the page for CLBC’s Widening Our World (WOW) Awards, which will be updated with this year’s winners during Community Inclusion Month. The awards this year will focus on people who helped make a difference in the lives of people with diverse abilities through the COVID-19 pandemic.
- CLBC’s Facebook page and Twitter page will be updated with information and events throughout Community Inclusion Month.
- Inclusion BC is working with CLBC during Community Inclusion Month to raise awareness about inclusive housing. Watch Inclusion BC’s video below, or check it out with their Key to Home website here.
- In keeping with the inclusive housing theme, Inclusion Canada announced they are going to share new resources through their Pathways to Homeownership project.
- Inclusion Canada also has a webpage about deinstitutionalization in Canada. Check out these powerful milestones, experiences, and progress in community inclusion here.