Hey everyone, new evacuation alerts and evacuation orders have been put into place for the Mount Law wildfire just outside of West Kelowna and Peachland. Check out the information below from Central Okanagan Emergency Operations. There’s also a live map link here, and a link to the latest updates here.
News Release No. 5 Central Okanagan, B.C. — The Mount Law wildfire remains a dynamic and evolving situation. Additional Evacuation Alerts have now been issued for 60 properties, including some within Peachland and the Regional District of the Central Okanagan (RDCO), as follows:
- 4305 to 4495 Maxwell Road
- 5039 to 5051 Trepanier Court
- 4965 to 4975 Venner Court
- 4715 to 5078 Paradise Valley Drive
- 4414 to 4690 Trepanier Road
- 4995 Trepanier Road
- 4850 to 5090 MacKinnon Road
The Evacuation Order for approximately 460 properties put in place earlier Sunday evening remains in effect and includes:
- 4713 MacKinnon Road
- 5000 Glenrosa Road (Bull Mountain Resort – formerly Crystal Mountain Resort)
- 4425 Glenrosa Road (Telemark Nordic Club)
- 3237 to 3530 Carre Road
- 3237 to 3512 Corine Road
- 3372 to 3725 Emerald Road
- 3496 Fenton Road
- 3318 to 3475 Gill Road
- 3280 to 3802 Glenrosa Road
- 3301 to 3583 McKellar Road
- 3230 to 3525 Preston Road
- 3325 to 3770 Turnbull Road
- All properties east of Gates Rd. to Glenrosa Rd.
Residents on Evacuation Order should leave their properties immediately.
Properties that remain on Evacuation Alert include:
- All other properties in the Glenrosa neighbourhood
- 226 properties in the area west of Glen Canyon and Goats Peak, inclusive of 3801 Gellatly Road south (north end) to 300 Seclusion Bay Rd (south end).
Residents in the Alert area are advised to be ready to leave their home at a moment’s notice. They should be prepared to be away from their home for an extended period of time, consider staying with friends or family in another area of the Central Okanagan, make arrangements for pets and pack essential items such as medicines and important documents.